Wednesday, January 24th
2670 Cassel Creek Blvd,
Casselberry, FL 32707
Have you ever wanted to play roller derby or have you wondered what it’s all about? Well now is your chance to learn more about this growing sport! Come out to the Orlando Roller Derby recruitment INFORMATION session to find out how to get involved!
The recruitment info session is an informational session only. You will NOT need any gear or skates during these sessions. This meeting is for skaters, referees, and volunteers. If you are interested in joining us make sure to come out!
In addition to our official orientations, new and prospective skaters and officials may visit us during regularly scheduled practices. These currently take place at:
3701 Gatlin Ave. Orlando, FL 32812
For your first practice, you will need:
- To be 18 or older. (Skaters and Referees; under 18 can volunteer with parental/guardian consent)
- Recruitment Package, Print, Complete, and Sign. (Skaters and Referees)
- Your own quad skates.
- All required protective gear, including a mouth guard. (Skaters and Referees)
- Your own health insurance. Not required, but strongly suggested. The league does not cover injuries that you sustain as a result of playing roller derby. (Skaters and Referees)
- The desire to be involved with an awesome sport and have a great time with new friends!
- The ability to skate. It is helpful for you if you know how to skate forward and stop but we will teach you everything from the ground up, if you need it.
- A knowledge of the sport and the rules. Again, we will teach you everything.
NONSKATING OFFICIALS, VOLUNTEERS, AND EMTS
We love our NSOs, Volunteers, and EMTs! If you are interested in becoming a part of an awesome group of ladies, but don’t want to strap on skates, we have many great ways for you to be a part of our league. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
VISITING SKATER INFORMATION IF YOU ALREADY PLAY!
Are you an actively skating derby player visiting Orlando? Come visit us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be active with a league and send us an email to attend practice.
A LITTLE NOTE ABOUT DERBY
If you are considering wanting to become a derby skater, please understand that we do not take our commitment lightly. This league is for the skaters, by the skaters. We have training requirements that all skaters adhere to. We abide by a code of conduct as this is a full contact sport and what happens on the track, stays on the track. IT’S NOT PERSONAL! It’s Derby. Yes, playing the sport is fun, but just like in any full contact sport, injuries occur! You will need to acquire your own quad skates, high-quality knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards, helmet and a mouth guard. You are encouraged to sustain your own medical insurance during recruitment. Once you have been through recruitment you will be required to purchase WFTDA insurance.
We hope to see you soon!
If you have any questions before the information session please contact email@example.com